Last update: March 18 2023
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Communi. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy in compliance with international compliance law standards such as GDPR (Europe) and California Law (US). If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at https://support.communi.com
What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
- In Short: We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Website or our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in a community board discussion chat, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
- We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites or Apps, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites such as posting messages in our online forums, contests or giveaways or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Bidding, buying, or selling information you provide during a transaction, or other transaction-based content that you generate or that is connected to your account as a result of a transaction you are involved in.
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction.
Integrating with Social Networking Services
- One of the unique features of the Communi Services is the ability to log in or connect through social networking platforms such as Facebook or Twitter (referred to as "Social Networking Services"). This integration enhances your online experience and personalization. To take advantage of this feature, you will be asked to log in or grant us permission through the relevant Social Networking Service.
- However, it's important to note that the privacy practices of Social Networking Services are governed by their own policies, and Communi has no responsibility or liability for their actions.
- Additionally, you may have the option of sharing your Communi Services activity on Social Networking Services. For example, you may share that you completed an activity on Communi on Facebook. By using this feature, your friends, followers, and subscribers on any connected Social Networking Services will be able to view this activity.
- All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
- In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our websites.
- We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy.
Information collected from other Sources
- In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
- We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
- Personal information you disclose to us
How do we use your information?
- In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
- We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests ("Business Purposes"), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you ("Contractual"), with your consent ("Consent"), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations ("Legal Reasons"). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process [with your Consent]. If you choose to link your account with us to a third party account *(such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process. See the section below headed "Social Logins" for further information.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications [for Business Purposes and/or with your Consent]. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the "Your Privacy Rights" below).
- To send administrative information to you [for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual]. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfil and manage your orders [for Contractual reasons]. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites.
- To post testimonials [with your Consent]. We post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you [for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent]. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To protect our Sites We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communicationsWe may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual..
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing and your experience.
How do we handle your social logins?
- In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our websites using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
- Our Sites offers you the ability to register and login using your third party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public. If you login using Facebook, we may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission.
Is your information transferred?
- In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
- Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Sites from outside United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see "Disclosure of Your Information" above), in The United States and other countries .
- Such measures implementing the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies and between us and our third-party providers, which require all such recipients to protect personal information that they process from the EEA in accordance with European data protection laws. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
What is our stance on third-party websites?
- In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
How long do we keep your information?
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How do we keep your information safe?
- In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational and technical security measures.
- We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
- Communi takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free.
- In particular, email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Communi via the Internet.
- Security Incident Response. We will maintain a security incident response plan for monitoring, detecting, and handling possible security incidents affecting Covered Data. The security incident response plan at least includes definitions of roles and responsibility, communication, and post-mortem reviews, including root cause analysis and remediation plans.
- For any critical incident in our system we will resolved in within 24hrs
- We has instituted and will maintain a vulnerability management program covering the Applicable Products that includes definitions of roles and responsibilities for vulnerability monitoring, vulnerability risk assessment, and patch deployment.
Do we collect information from minors?
- In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
- We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site and App. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at our support email..
What are your privacy rights?
- In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right
- to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information,
- to request rectification or erasure;
- to restrict the processing of your personal information; and
- if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details of our support email.. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
- If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
Account Information. You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
- Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. You can also opt-out by
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Sites.
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
- In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
- If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sites/ Mobile Application/ Facebook Application, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Sites/ Mobile Application/ Facebook Application. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Sites/ Mobile Application/ Facebook Application, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Do European residents have specific privacy rights?
- Yes, as a European resident, you have specific privacy rights regarding your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR grants you the right to access, rectify, and erase your personal data, as well as the right to restrict and object to its processing. If you are a European resident and would like to exercise these rights or request information about the personal data we process about you, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
- If you are under 18 years of age, reside in Europe, and have a registered account with our Sites/Mobile Application/Facebook Application, you have the right to request the removal of any unwanted data that you have publicly posted on our platform. To request the removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in Europe. We will make sure the data is no longer publicly displayed on our platform, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems due to technical constraints.
Do we make updates to this policy?
How can you contact us about this policy?
- To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services.
- You may contact us as follows: https://support.communi.com .